Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pukki against Ring

No game like against Bayern have we seen from the Hamburgers this season. I saw Mainz - Hamburg before the Christmas break in Mainz and when i compare that game to the one last weekend I must say i didn't reconize Hamburg as the same team. Ok, Hamburg against Bayern is kind of a classic, but I think Thorsten Fink had done something magical with his team under the game. Hamburg were definitely not the worse team in the tight battle. I'd like to say they were better, but maybe a tie was the fair result.

All in all Hamburg showed character in one to one situations and were able to play great as a team. Drobny made some good saves and the defence held tight nearly all the time. Even the attacks were working decently. Well, don't want to praise them too much. They didn't win, but it was without a doubt the best match I've seen them play in the last two seasons. Of course I haven't seen them all, but anyway. I was totally surprised, because I was more than certain that Bayern will crush them like bugs.

I'm not an expert in team budgets, but I'd reckon that Hamburg isn't one of the poorest clubs. And seeing their material, they finally came even close to the level that they should be playing on. Let's at least hope they won't be as bad as they were against Mainz, because that was just awful. One could say that was hardly football. This weekend Hamburg is facing Köln. Köln can either play great or suck really bad,so this is Hamburgs chance to take a big victory. The other option is a big defeat. At least that's my guess. 1-4 or 4-1.

That's enough for now. Except Gladbach against Schalke will be played on saturday night. Ring against Pukki. Just have to keep my fingers crossed even one of them gets on the pitch. At least Pukki should, because Marica scored twice two weeks ago. He's done for the whole season. And Schalke really messed it up on the last round. So wake up Stevens. Pukki in the starting eleven. Now. And if Pukki plays, then Favre should let Ringgo and try to slow Pukki down. May the best Finn win!

No comments:

Post a Comment