Thursday, November 17, 2011

Bundesliga from Finland

Last round was superb for a finnish Bundesliga fan. Teemu Pukki proved that a finnish guy can also score, which unfortunately hasn't happened in a while. Last season finnish football was represented in the Bundesliga by Mikael Forssell, which is kind of sad. He is the best Finland has had to offer for a long time but that will hopefully change.

Pukki is a young player, but he has already proved a big talent and also developed a lot in the last years. When he got transfered to Schalke, at least i was very excited. But the excitement turned into frustration, as it happened that mr. Ragngick decided to resign. The thought that went through my head was that Pukki will not play for a good while now. I'm more than happy to be proved wrong.

As I'm starting on Pukki, I'll have to refer to Schalke too. They are facing Nürnberg on the next round, which should be an easy opponent. As I watched Denmark-Finland I wouldnt count on Pukki to score now. But in all honesty, his teammates are much better in delivering right kind of balls for him to score. But the news are telling that Jefferson Farfan is injured and off the fixture. Fortunately for Schalke, their game is not relying on Farfan and Pukki. Huntelaar should be back on duty against Nürnberg, but will he start? As Farfan is injured there might even be room for both Pukki and Huntelaar, although I regard them both as pure strikers.

Otherwise the round seams interesting. I'd say we can enjoy a few good and tight games. Personally I'm interested in Freiburg's performance. They have played decent in the last few games, and in the last game they took home 3 points even if it was slightly by luck this time. Their opponent Hertha hasn't performed greatly and I wouldn't put my money on them. Another game, that I have to take a closer look at is of course Bayern-Dortmund. Bayern is the huge favorite, but it's interesting to see how last years champions will answer. Dortmund hasn't been convincing, except for the last game against Wolfsburg. But Wolfsburg, and especially Magath, seem to be a joke this year. So I'm expecting Dortmund putting up a good fight against Bayern, but if and when Bayern can take the lead, they won't give it up. If the wonderboy Götze can make something happen before Bayern get their game going, it can end either way.

Thats enough for the first time. Hopefully we'll see Pukki scoring more goals this weekend. Or what's more important see him on the pitch.